Dr. A. Santos Avenue, San Dionisio, Parañaque City
Founded in 1976, Olivarez College was the only school in Parañaque City that is accredited by the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools Colleges and Universities (PAASCU) and the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA). Olivarez College is a vibrant academic institution located in Paranaque City as one of the most dynamic and developed cities in the country. The College prides itself on the recognitions given by external quality assurance organizations, such as the Federation of Accrediting Agencies in the Philippines (FAAP), the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) and the Philippine Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities (PAASCU). The institution has a strong sense of social awareness of its responsibilities to the citizen of the Philippines in helping them gain specialized knowledge to advance in their field. This is evident in the institution’s global perspective and global connectivity reflected in both its educational and research activities. It has established itself as the only institution in the City of Paranaque with a strong research capability, adequately designed and implemented curriculum, and a comprehensive corporate social responsibility framework. Olivarez College has been assertive to imbue quality standards through submitting its programs to the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) for accreditation since 1992 for the Level 1 Formal Visit. It then continuously upgraded the operating system as evidenced by its milieu of accreditation milestones.
Founding President: DR. PABLO R. OLIVAREZ
Vice President for Academics and Services: ERIC L. OLIVAREZ, EdD
Vice president for Finance and Administration: EVANGELINE L. OLIVAREZ, MBA
Planning and Quality Assurance Director: GABRIEL S. CABARDO. MAEd
College Executive Dean: CYNTHIA R. ACOSTA, MAN
College of Communication Program Chair: MA. GEMMA R. ROJALES, PhD
CENTRO ESCOLAR UNIVERSITY
9 Mendiola Street, San Miguel, Manila
Today, as one of the leading educational institutions in the country, Centro Escolar University upholds academic excellence by continually upgrading its curricula and facilities and maintaining a highly professional and dynamic teaching force and university staff.
For more than a century, Centro Escolar University has helped students realize their dreams of success and prominence in their chosen careers. Its campuses in Manila, Malolos, and Makati not only provide a stimulating atmosphere for learning, but nurture ambition and motivation as well. Most of CEU degree programs are accredited Levels II, III and IV, by the Philippine Association of Colleges and Universities Commission on Accreditation (PACUCOA) as certified by the Federation of Accrediting Agencies of the Philippines (FAAP).The Dentistry, Pharmacy, Biology, Business Administration, International Hospitality Management, International Tourism and Travel Management, Nursing, Nutrition and Dietetics, Optometry and Psychology Programs of the University are now ASEAN University Network (AUN) Quality Assurance certified. These accreditations attest to the excellence of the University’s programs—high standard of instruction, effective community extension programs, a robust research tradition, strong staff development program, favorable performance of graduates in licensure exams, productive partnerships with other schools and agencies, and a sustained quality assurance system.
In all CEU campuses, facilities are constantly upgraded with the latest in learning equipment and technology making the University a constant partner of PRC in the practical component of licensure examinations in Dentistry and Optometry. The Manila campus boasts of state-of-the-art computer technology facilities in its 7-storey Information Science Center, and a sports center with a gymnasium and swimming pool. The Malolos campus has a gymnasium and a mini-hotel while the Makati campus is operating the latest facilities in Gil Puyat and Legazpi Village. To fully support research activities, the University has modernized its library services and upgraded them with electronic-based research tools and new information resource acquisitions.
CEU was founded on June 3, 1907 as the “Centro Escolar de Señoritas” by two visionaries, Librada Avelino and Carmen de Luna, who were inspired by the patriotic movement to nationalize schools. They were cognizant of a need for a center of learning for Filipino women focused on teaching ideal womanhood, intelligent citizenry and democratic leadership that would instill in them the tenets of science and virtue. Kindergarten, elementary, general secondary, music and home arts courses were the first programs of instruction included in the curriculum.
The school was granted university status by the Philippine government in 1932 with Doña Librada as President. When she died in November 1934, her co-founder, Doña Carmen de Luna was elected as President by the Board of Directors.
CEU has steadily grown as an institution under the leadership of noted educators who have contributed much to the development of their respective professions. Following the leadership of the two founders, the succeeding presidents were:
Dr. Pilar Hidalgo-Lim, an educator and civic leader;
Dr. Dionisio C. Tiongco, a renowned scholar and educator;
Dr. Lourdes T. Echauz, a distinguished philanthropist and educator; and
Dr. Rosita L. Navarro, a recognized educator and an advocate of the balance between globalization and Filipinization.
The current President, Dr. Ma. Cristina D. Padolina, was a former Commissioner of the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) and Chancellor of the University of the Philippines Open University.
DE LA SALLE-COLLEGE OF SAINT BENILDE, ANTIPOLO CAMPUS
8 L. Sumulong Memorial Circle, Antipolo, 1870 Rizal
REACHING NEW HEIGHTS
When Benilde moved to its own campus on the other side of Taft Avenue in 1989, it meant more than College expansion. Benilde extended its reach to a greater number of non-traditional learners.
Benildean-Lasallian Education has gone the extra mile to advocate innovation for inclusion with a wider reach in the eastern part of Greater Manila Area when it opened De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde, Antipolo Campus. Benilde Antipolo offers a variety of programs that prepare Benildeans toward a fruitful career path.
Benilde Antipolo offers 7 CHED recognized programs:
1. BA Communication
2. BS Business Administration Major in Marketing Management
3. BS Accountancy
4. BS Hospitality Management
5. BS Psychology
6. Bachelor of Secondary Education Major in English
7. BS Tourism Management
Benilde Antipolo also offers the Teacher Certificate Program for those who plans to take the licensure exam for teachers.
De La Salle-College of Saint Benilde is a learning environment that nurtures students to develop their interests and passions, and trains them to become professionally competent in established industries and emerging fields or specialization.In Benilde, learning transcends the boundaries of the modern classroom. The College ensures that Benildeans perform their best in class through the academic services that provide them all the best resources they will ever need.
In the midst of the global pandemic, the College is prepared to continue its mission through the full online delivery of courses thanks to the services provided by BigSky Benilde, Br. Fidelis Leddy Learning Resource Center (LRC), Center for Inclusive Education (CIE), and Intellectual Property Management Center (IPMC).